Weird name. No donut for you.

Ok people, what’s with giving yourselves obnoxious names in Orkut? First they are philosophical. Then they are written in convoluted text that makes no sense till you squint. Did you realize that naming yourselves this way makes you “Unsearchable“? How do you expect us to type “♥” (hearts) or a box or a dinosaur or whatever and find you in the search feature? Or if I want to find you in my email contacts list? More importantly, how do we even know that’s how you have listed yourself in Orkut! How do I know you have replaced V with \/, or S with $ or O with zero?
Some of them are so ridiculous it takes me a while to figure out whether it’s a bug on Orkut or my eyes have gone bad. Some of the awesome examples I have come across (in MY own friends list). If yours is one of them, it’s probably time to CHANGE IT. Because it is very very… how do I put it… /\nN0Y1N9!

KacchhhiinnnGGGG
Why so
||Bored of orkut
Life sucks
Wooohooo
New pics
Enjoying in paris
Running the rat race
Fighting fate, c who wins
|ÞH| -= WHÉRÊ ÞURÊ HÂTRÉÐ ÞRËVÃÍL§ *
G0iN b@ck 2 tH0$e l@Zy DaYsS *
ßĦдЯǺથ…Enfield *
$leepin9 b34uty *
c00L dud3

*More annoying than usual. #%$^#%@!!

PS: I like how Facebook deals with this. There is no way you can name yourself “Life is like a crumpled piece of paper: Used, then thrown… ALBUM UPDATED

2. Left brain, right brain and optical illusions
  3. Social networking is not.

Filed under My opinion

Comments

11 Responses to “Weird name. No donut for you.”
  1. Debs says:

lol I completely agree. its worse when such ppl send u a friends request n their albums are filled with actors, its whole new episode of “guess who I am?”.

2. Aloe says:

Speaking of names, kokonad. Is that your real name?

3. Shiv says:

lol… Completely agree with you! I hate the wannabe status messages too… Especially by those who’ve been deputed onsite! ‘Snowing in Italy’ or the corniest one I’ve read, ‘Hakka Noodles – 10$, A burger -5$, Curd Rice in California – Priceless’. Or writing ones their names in Korean! 🙂

Btw, I have not introduced myself. I am Shiv, and a first timer on your page. Loved your site. 🙂

@Shiv
    Welcome to my blog, Shiv, and thank you for the compliments! Incidentally, I am a subscriber to your blog already! I loved your take on politicians and professions! 🙂
    Ha ha, yes! The status messages! After a couple of years of Gtalk use, I figured that you can more or less put status messages into patterns. At some point, if a status message is given to you, you can guess whose it is by how weird it is 😀

Hmm people don’t understand that there is a status line to fill in with all such details. But having wierd names is all I see everywhere. Guess its a trend now..my friend has it so i’ll get one too, but how the hell will i know ur my friend if i dont see ur name there.

@rads
    🙂 I suppose it’s a matter of time before which people realize what they have been doing…

Ha Ha!

Folks christening themselves with such “innovative” names are only putting their very existence and personality in jeopardy… 🙂

Roshmi´s latest blog post – UP, UP and (UP)AWAY… UPA Aala Re… !!!

Absolutely! 🙂 I am glad you liked it.

9. This is so so true… I had once written a whole blog on this very issue! It really makes me mad when I have to scrap to some friend, and I cant find them in the search !! And then manually go through your hundreds of friends, with the hope that you will be able to locate them!!
    Become even more irritating when you dont know whose image they have put up !!!

Rajarshi:
    Oh yeah the image! It certainly does not help! I have more or less stopped using Orkut – I like the stuff on Facebook better – but before this new format. It is awful.