Gadgets become self aware

What if the gadgets we use on a day-to-day basis become self aware? Would they realize that we have been objectifying these objects all our life? For example, you stare at computer screens like they are super hot women (or men, for that matter). Very often, your mouth stays open while you are staring… and you don’t blink…

This is my second post on “The Occasional Doodle“. I draw these in a notebook and scan them later. In the process I digitally remove smudges and errors in writing. And provide the copyright too. Left-click these for a larger size.

Computers Against Sexual Harrassment

Computers Against Sexual Harassment

Then I came up with the touchscreen phones idea while I was drawing the one for the computer. I hope you like both of them! πŸ™‚

Touchscreen phones self help group

Touch Screen Phones Self-help group

1. Ad overdose
  3. The Occasional Doodle
  4. Oil spill: The bright side
  5. Thaw [Movie poster]

Filed under The Occasional Doodle

Comments

16 Responses to “Gadgets become self aware”
  1. Koustav says:

Haha! Awesome post. Though mind you, as an owner and avid user of a touchscreen phone and a laptop, life just became slightly creepier. πŸ™‚

2. Shiv says:

Hilarious post this! πŸ™‚ Loved the touch screen ones!! πŸ˜€

@Koustav
    You won’t believe it – I was thinking of the ‘sexual harassment’ one while you were here! πŸ˜› Not that it has any connection… ha ha ha!

@Shiv
    Thank you Shiv! I am glad you enjoyed them!

@Koustav and Shiv: If I get *Debbie* to comment on this post it will be a reunion of sorts! πŸ™‚

4. Sayontan says:

Good to see that your artwork still rocks! I first thought, though, that you were using some kind of software to draw the pictures, or maybe that you had gotten a new Tablet PC. How were you creating the posts in “Thoughts in 2D”?

@Sayontan
    Thanks Dada! πŸ™‚
    No no, no tablet PC. Waiting for Apple to release its own. πŸ˜‰
    The ‘Thoughts in 2D’ graphs are made in powerpoint, with a handwriting style font.

haha…brilliant! both of them. keep the originals properly!
    btw never thought this will be a place for my reunion πŸ™‚

7. Rads says:

Hahahaaaha…couldn’t stop laughing.

8. RukmaniRam says:

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ you are good!

@RukmaniRam
    Thank you Rukmani! I am glad you liked it! πŸ™‚ Do drop by again… meanwhile, I have already subscribed to your blog. I love the play on words you have all over!

10. RukmaniRam says:

FYI.. you’re being blogrolled.
    P.S: I’ll take that compliment and safely hide it away.
    P.P.S: Why am I a constipated hexagon? *sigh*

@RukmaniRam
    Thank you RukmaniRam! I am honored! πŸ™‚ Why are you a constipated hexagon? It’s this Wavatar thing. It rarely ever makes happy faces! I wish I had some control over it.

12. Nice cartoons. I liked the CASH one,…

Destination Infinity
    Destination InfinityΒ΄s latest post – Powerful Quotations

Thank you, DI! πŸ™‚

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a while to a place with no cell phone reception or internet!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] –Β http://www.themattefinish.com/blog/2009/03/gadgets-become-self-aware/ http://www..themattefinish.com/blog/2009/05/love-hope-agon/ 2)ambitextrous’ […]