Relationships and distance

Disclaimer: I think I speak for *almost* everyone when I show this. Note the use of the word ‘almost’ within asterisks. Also, I don’t mean to be mean! People, please don’t hate me for this – it’s meant to tickle your brain. To first make you laugh, then make you think. If you lie in that peak region, do let us know! 🙂 It will help the whole world in general.

Relationships and distance

More from Thoughts in 2D: making simple things look geeky. That kind of rhymes.

1. That dreaded visit to home
  3. About me
  4. Left brain, right brain and optical illusions
  5. Admit it, you have put on weight

Comments

13 Responses to “Relationships and distance”

Lemme tell you you HOW. 🙂
    Assume that there was, there is and there will be no one else ever! That way, just because you can’t have a cozy conversation or get a hug, wouldn’t mean the end of the world. Because, there’s only one person in the galaxy for you, s/he will still mean everything to you. The distances would reduce, some day!

P.S. Ok.. If I sound retarded. Ignore the comment. 😉 That’s how it is for us. Distances are immaterial. Though, I am not sure if I am saying it correct. 🙂

@Kadambari
    Awwwwww….
    I completely agree! The distances indeed reduce eventually. How one’s mind matures with love is way different from how it matures with other things – and I am dealing with that issue flippantly. When the former is ‘complete’, distances really ARE immaterial. I can vouch for that!
    And you DO NOT sound retarded mentally challenged. At all! I am sorry if I come off as insensitive in the post. 🙁

LOL….good one 🙂

Boo, I just wrote a comment and it didn’t post for some reason. Anyway, what I did say was that this 2D is so true – – especially on the too close side! Haha, I personally get a little nauseous if anything or anyone is around me for too long. Especially with a lover, it can get a bit overbearing.

@Debleena
    Thanks Debbie! 🙂

@Archana
    Ow… do let me know if that happens again. It’s pretty weird that it happened! I am glad you liked the 2D! Off the blogosphere, I received lots of brickbats from several friends for putting this up. 😀

You should send this 2D to a relationship therapist/counselor. Haha, how hilarious would that be if that’s the first thing a couple sees when they walk into couple’s therapy. 😛 I was watching a TV show where a couple attends couples therapy…which they totally could have done without had they seen your 2D. Lol.

7. Gauri says:

both ways it is as edgy as you have shown.. 😀

@Archana
    Ha ha – I do think a lot can be learned from all my relationship-related 2Ds! 😛 Actually, this particular piece has struck many a personal cord. There were people who told that to me in person or by email. I did feel I was being mean to people whose relationships are actually on the rocks, but then it was meant to tickle the brain…! Nevertheless, I am glad you liked it! 🙂

@Gauri
    Thanks for commenting, Gauri! 🙂 I think it is VERY true for several cases. Too close reduces personal space and being in a long distance is a test of commitment (and maturity too). I have seen lots of friends and acquaintances failing in the latter one. It’s a little disturbing! But then, as they say, everything happens for the best reasons, which you would eventually figure out!

9. RukmaniRam says:

you find the right distance! hmpf!

@RukmaniRam
    Hmmm… Did I miss something? 🙁

11. Reva says:

kOKO – Distances make the hearts grow fonder. Now if it is one’s honey’s heart is the point in question? 😛

@Reva
    Heh heh heh! 😛

13. iboe says:

I’m dealing with this actually, and I’m totally not in denial haha we are thousands of miles away from each other, I won’t be seeing her for a year or more .. but Kadambari said it all.