Harmless Office Pranks – Part 2

Ok, so here is the second installment of office pranks (see first one here), except that these are not computer based. I have done a couple of these, and like I have mentioned in my previous post, make sure your target is a sport! You do not want to (a) get caught, (b) get fired. Most of these can be done, or rather should be done, when there is no one around – like after hours or so. In some cases, get a teammate – more the creativity, the better it is! So here’s my list of (almost) harmless office pranks – that are not computer related.

1. Photocopier needs to be fixed
Most of you office goers have access to a photocopier. That means you also know how and where the paper is loaded! Now, keep an object like a key or a pen on the glass, and make 50 copies of the same. You will have 50 pages that have a key/pen marked on the glass. Replace these 50 papers in the copier tray. Whenever people make copies the next day, there is going to be a black key/pen on the paper and they will think there is a key/pen in the copier. Tech support is going to be puzzled for a while.
Extremely funny/risky variation: Keep an annoying person’s narcissistic photo instead of the key/pen and make 50 or more copies. Everyone’s photocopied paper is going to have that photo as the background of their document!

2. The small time altruist
This one is a tip from Ankur, and it totally cracked me up. For every single day of the year (365 days), keep a penny (or a 5 paisa coin) on the desk of your target. Every single day. Unmistakeably. He will come in every day at work and find this coin and will not know where it came from. Initially he will be amused, then perplexed, and towards the month end he will be frustrated like crazy. Don’t worry, the fun continues for 11 more months! It costs you $3.65 or Rs 19 the whole year. Totally worth it.

3. Label everything. EVERYTHING.
If you have a label maker, then great. If not, gather around a troop and label everything on your target’s desk. Pens, paper, monitor, button, book, chair, arm rest, dirt, mouse, mouse pad, mug, glass, photos… everything! It’s fairly amusing. If possible, keep doing it every week. Pranks keep getting funnier if no one knows who’s behind all of it!

4. Wrap it all up!
This is fairly time consuming, but if pulled off, it is HILARIOUS. I did this with newspaper – but it is much much  better if you can do it with aluminum foil or saran wrap. Wrap everything in sight… and definitely don’t forget the chair. Monitor, mouse, wires, phone, stationery, books even the table itself. Make sure you are there to see the look on your target’s face!

5. The lewd mug
This is a definite favorite of mine. Very harmless but can cause a laugh riot. Your target should be someone who really loves his mug for drinking coffee or water. Even better if your target is somewhat obsessed with the mug. You will need a somewhat revealing photo of a scantily clad model. In the absence of your target, take the mug, and draw out a circle the size of the base of the mug on the photo. Pick a region that is most sexy – like the shoulders to the thighs. Cut out that part, and paste it to the bottom of the mug. Whenever your target drinks out of the mug, the other person clearly sees the racy picture stuck to the mug. Funnier if the boss is around, or in a conference meeting!

6. Vaseline on the toilet seat
Copious amounts of Vaseline. Oh it becomes so slippery and stays invisible… enough said.

7. Crime scene
Get police crime scene tape (toy stores typically have it). On the floor, draw the outline of a dead man with chalk, or colored tape, whatever permits. Cordon off the entrance with the tape. Not hilarious, but definitely fun!

8. Watery
Get a team with you on this one. Purchase about 200 paper cups and arrange them densely on the floor of your target’s cubicle. Fill water in all of them, one by one. Make sure you don’t fill upto the rim – it will spill when moved. The only way your target can get through to his chair is by drinking all of it! Want to make it even more fun? Staple all the cups together! It is important that it should be paper when you are stapling them together – plastic or styrofoam will not survive staples!

9. Kidnap, but don’t ask for ransom
‘Kidnap’ a precious item of your target. Take multiple photos of it in different forms of torture. At different times, drop one photo in his cubicle – never ask for a ransom. If he never tries to retrieve it, do the same with another object and continue! Pick an object of extreme importance to him… a soft toy from a girlfriend is ideal!

Remember: Always always keep a straight face. Try to solve the mystery with the target. You must be the last person he suspects!

1. Harmless office pranks
  2. Music and pranks

Filed under Activities, Pranks

Comments

30 Responses to “Harmless Office Pranks – Part 2”
  1. DC says:

Evil. Unadulterated evil. But oh-so-brilliant!

#DC:
      Heh heh… thank you, thank you! 😀

Ha ha ha! Well, congrats for your VISA, first of all! And I am glad you are going to solemnly swear to be up to no good!

#Grayquill:
      Heh heh, I like that phone idea! And the toll philanthropy is awesome! It must be amazing to do something good AND perplex someone at the same time! As regards to my job this time next year, I am still at my grad studies – my job’s a while off. I am half certain that once I join my job I am going to chicken out of most pranks! 😀

#Neelima:
      Lewd mug is my favorite too! Oh the sniggering and chuckles it generates in a serious board meeting! 😀

#Slash:
      Ah, you have me there. Snatching it from a beggar isn’t a good idea… may be one should make the effort to get them from a bank? Or even a paan vaala might have them… Robbing a temple? Well, you might not get fired, but you will surely get killed! 😛

#Aditya:
      Make sure they are paper cups… plastic and styrofoam cannot be stapled easily! 😛

#Rads:
      Thank you, thank you! 😀

these 2 posts of urs are going to be my bible. i m gonna start working soon. buahahah!!! 😀
    Ashwathy´s latest post – Visa Power !

3. Grayquill says:

You really have way to much time on your hands.
    If not, use clear tape and tape the receiver to his phone when he gets a call he will pickup reciever and phone all in one.
    Your penny reminds me of at time I was with a freind drivng and he paid the toll for the car behind him. He told the teller it was an old friend. Of course then he sped away fast and the guy behind strained and strianed to catch a glimps of his non-existant old friend.
    Your keeping the fun alive – hope you still have a job next year this time 🙂
    Grayquill´s latest post – Pride Goeth Before a Fall…

4. Neelima says:

these are even more wicked! I’d definitely get fired if i try one of these.. 😀
    But “the lewd mug” was the best..
    Neelima´s latest post – The Journey to the Tribal HeartLand – Bastar

5. Slash says:

Paper cups, photocopies papers, post-it labels…. You’ll be lucky if greenpeace doesn’t get hold of you. 😉
    And where, oh where will you find 365 5 paise coins? Robbing a temple or a beggar wouldn’t help.
    Slash´s latest post – Guilty Pleasures

6. I really want to do the altruist thing. Some guidance on where to get those many 5p coins would be nice. In the meanwhile, I’ll go and get some paper cups. 😀
    Aditya Sengupta´s latest post – #mumbai- Role of Twitter during the Mumbai Terror Attacks

LOL trust you to come up with something hilarious always…
    rads´s latest post – International Bloggers’ Community Award

8. Grayquill says:

Grad Studies…Good for you!
    May your future be bright.
    Regards
    Grayquill´s latest post – Pride Goeth Before a Fall…

9. Ash says:

Real wicked!
    🙂
    Ash´s latest post – It is stillness…

10. So you are the Satan!! 😉 Just reading about hurt my sides, I am thinking what the sight of it would do! 😀 Unfortunately, I am a giggler, my pranks always fall flat!
    Good one, I hope you have more up your sleeeve!
    TheThoughtfulTrain´s latest post – Of Unpredictable Behaviours and A Sweet Lesson ..

11. SunnyKris says:

OMG!

You sir, are the Tyler Durden of office pranks!

Sunny
    SunnyKris´s latest post – Gentle Reminders

12. LOL @ the vaseline prank… i can almost picture my colleague back at his desk, still deciding whether to sit!
    Saurabh Madaan´s latest post – Lessons From Work

13. K says:

How funny! I especially like the small time altruist, the lewd mug, and the kidnapping ideas…I’ll be filing those away for future use…heehee…
    I already drive everyone crazy by labeling everything. 🙂
    K´s latest post – Fine Art Friday

14. brownphantom says:

Photocopier is a gem 🙂
    Whenever helpdesk take control ( by VNC) of my machine to fix something, I call up a prospective murga around and show him how I am controlling my machine with movements of my fingers in air. Having a geek image helps :).
    All of these pranks are very tempting :).
    brownphantom´s latest post – Truth in Wine

15. Nikita says:

good lord…one lil devil you are, arent u! so which of these hav u personally tried??
    the altruist is awsum tho…gotta try! 😀
    Nikita´s latest post – Jab We Met

#Grayquill:
      Thank you, sir! 🙂

#Ash:
      Thank you, thank you! 🙂

#TTT:
      You are a giggler, eh? I have a great idea for you. Giggle as though you have something up your sleeve. Your target will keep wondering what you have done. That’s a prank in itself… when you have nothing at the end of the day! 😀

#SunnyKris:
      First of all, welcome to my blog! And thank you for commenting! Also thank you for calling me Tyler Durden 😀 That is some honor!
      I LOVE your workplace cartoons! You have new subscribers! Recommended you to some friends too! That swimming one was hilarious! Btw, how do you draw them? You have a tablet PC or something? I think I should comment on your blog rather than asking you questions here.

#Saurabh:
      Yaar, I didn’t even see it from that point of view! Heh heh… and that cracks me up! You just don’t get grip on a vaselined surface… you WILL slip off the toilet seat itself! 😀

#K:
      I have an idea for you… randomly label things as “classified”. Like on the stapler, “#Pins: Classified”. Can do this with the cookie jar too! 🙂 Not much of a prank but sure can generate some laughs!

#BrownPhantom:
      Heh heh heh… oh the things you can do with VNC… 😀

#Nikita:
      Let’s see… I have tried variations of some of these… have done #4 – the wrapping thing… I once even taped everything of my colleague to the desk, even the tape itself! And with clear transparent tape, you don’t notice them at first! Did MOST of my computer pranks too.
      That lewd mug was kind of inspired by an incident at work, and turns out it’s a fairly common prank!

16. That was a great idea! Why dint I think of it before?? Oh right? I am an angel and we need little devils to come up with such tricks! 😉
    TheThoughtfulTrain´s latest post – Finger Licking Good!!

17. Sriram says:

hahahah. Awesome!
    Sriram´s latest post – Kondalilla falls

haha thanks 🙂

btw u have been tagged. the link is given rite below.

hope u enjoy doing this one. it’s not all that painful actually.
    Ashwathy´s latest post – The alphabet tag

19. Verby says:

LOL this true is hilarious! the coffee mug cracked me up.. But seriously..are you alive after all this?? I wonder why no one conspired to…. 😉

#TheThoughtfulTrain:
      Yeah right 😛

#Sriram:
      Thanks Sriram, I am glad you liked it. Google it and you will see how elaborate people can really get with pranks!

Ah, you put me under performance pressure now by singling me out with two others! I have a whole bunch of tags to do now. 🙂 Thanks for tagging me!

#Verby:
      Heh heh, loved your blog name! 🙂 So do you eat all verbs?
      And you have a new subscriber!
      I have tried a few on my colleagues; they have all been really good sports!

20. Maddy says:

Thank God, I am not not at all working with you or in the vicinity. Its hilarious buddy, I had a good laugh!!
    Maddy´s latest post – B & W- Laughing Buddha

#Maddy:
    Welcome to my blog, Maddy! Nobody wants to work with me after this post! 🙁
    Well, thanks for commenting.
    I liked your blog – you have a new subscriber 🙂

22. Foreign Desi says:

This is tooo funny 😛 Too bad I am ending work in a week! If only I read something like this 8 months ago 😛
    Foreign Desi´s latest post – You can hear my voice.

23. Everything is fine, except the ‘you must be the last person on your target’s mind’ – why would I prank such a target anyway? 🙂 Whenever I am seriously working, my boss thinks that it is some kind of a prank!!

Destination Infinity
    Destination Infinity´s latest post – Fast Furious and Danceable Songs

24. Sriram says:

Hi Kokonad,

I saw this clip. I was reminded of this post. You may have already seen it already. Thought I’ll send you the link anyway.

Cheers.
    Sriram´s latest post – Tagged

#Foreign Desi:
    Welcome to my blog Foreign Desi, and thanks so much for commenting! Too bad indeed that you are leaving work this week (left a long comment on your blog!). But you know, you can always find someone to prank on. Always. Just look hard enough. Before you realize it, you would have made your day!

#Destination Infinity:
    Hmmm… I see your point. 😀 I remember the times when my boss was yet to catch up to the fact that I love playing pranks on people! Oooh, every time I did something, even if she was not the target, I thought my boss might not take it well and I’ve had it!

#Sriram
    Hey, thanks! It was hilarious! The copier guy was HA HA HILARIOUS!! I sent the video to my colleague and she thought we should do it too. She was looking online for clothes that look like her work space!

26. chelli says:

hmm.. guess i should try some of these..

27. Nishant says:

I rofl’d at the Vaseline idea…….so simple, yet so ingenious 😛